4/27/08

The Big Run-off

The big run-off starts tomorrow! There are a few rules...they are listed below:

Ryan and I are going to do the "Couch to 5k" running program starting tomorrow. We have a treadmill that sits in the spare bedroom and dries my clothes ;) So it's going to get used finally!! However, we needed an incentive!! I'm horrible with starting something like this and after week one I'm done, or I miss a day and with no visual way of tracking it, I just let it go..... The program is very structured. 3 times a week for 9 weeks, however with us going to Ireland & some other trips we've added a few more weeks on. And....here is how it works!

1. The stack of $5's you see will be called "The Stack". When I run for the day I take a $5 bill from the stack and put it in my jar. Ryan runs for the day and he puts a $5 bill from the stack and puts it in his jar.

2. If Ryan runs and I do not (or vice versa) then I must take a $5 bill out of my jar and put it into his!!

3. If we both do not run for the day, then we both take a $5 bill from each of our jars and put them back into the stack.

4. If by August 1st, the stack is not gone.......then all money......in both jars..........gets donated to the John McCain campaign for president!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So...as you can see there is positive and negative incentive here......wish us luck! 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You guys are TOO hilarious! I love it.