1/14/08

My day

Well, I stayed home today. And it wasn't one of
those good stay at home days either!! Well, I did
watch three episodes of Picket Fences that I just
bought on dvd, and Steel Magnolias.......but I felt
icky through each wonderful quote! There is a line from Steel Magnolias for every single moment, situation, problem, or event in life!!
So, instead of watching all my favs with a glass of wine.........I had this.....an Orange Zest Alka Seltzer Plus cocktail ;) Drink the juice, Shelby, drink the juice......okay, that was a far stretch but that scene is on right now. ;)
I usually would love a Monday off, seriously......but I was so ready to go to work this week. I have a new schedule...(I'm a Speech Pathologist btw at a school)....because I have a caseload of like 134!!! jk...but it felt like it, so I had to re-do my schedule and I love it, so I was ready and willing to go! But nature would have it differently ;)
So....Im here in my new 400 count sheets that I love, surrounded by kleenex (clean and dirty, eew), two remotes, two phones, a dog bone, and no dog. Gracie has decided she does not want to get sick as well, so all day she has been sunbathing on the bed in the other room. She really does sunbathe. The blinds are up, the bed is right next to the window and she lays there just looking out the window. A few minutes ago I had to pause during paragraph 3 because she was barking like a masked robber was walking up to our door! She never does that! Seriously.....I always thought what a horrible watch dog she was! She loves people and when a stranger comes up she immediately gets into her "pet me" mode. But not today....she knows I'm sick and was taking care of me ;) or so I'd like to think. I went and looked out, I saw nothing. Im sure another dog was getting petted across the street and that was her jealous fit bark. That I could believe more.
Well, I'm rambling now and I wasn't really sure what I was going to put in my first blog....I picked a good day to work on it, but a boring day to write about. I just wanted to try it out and I did!
Nothing like sitting down and blogging over a nice glass of alka seltzer..........ahhhhhhh

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Woman! I love you!! I hope you feel better! We must chat abt. how you made your blog look so cool...
Tell hubs he got you sick now how are we ever gonna get together to play Rock Band....you better be well by Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I hate that you are not feeling well! I just don't know what is worse...the dirty kleenex...ewww...or nast alka seltzer! ;)

I hope you feel better!

J