1/15/08

Word to your mother.....


On my way home I was listening to one of my favorite channels on Sirius Satellite Radio.......the 90s station! Champagne Supernova started playing and I cranked it up, it took me back to my freshman year ;) Doing nothing but homework in my room, but still...... I heart that song! That whole album. So I realized! I LOVE THE 90s. I am a child of the 90s. True I was born in 82, so you might think im a child of the 80s but no, I was only 8 when they ended and I was by no means cool then, so I didn't know squat about pop culture in the 80s, but oh girl, the 90s.......I was the bomb.com from age 9-17!!!.........I love it all........the grunge, the pump reebok, 90210, the scandals, specifically but not in any order: tonya harding, OJ, bobbitt, amy fisher, bill clinton, SNL, cell phones, super nintendo, hip hop, pop, rock, all of it, Seinfeld, Napster, movies - reality bites, titanic, dumb and dumber, pretty woman etc etc.....and oh the fashion....although the "rachel" haircut dominated and of course, I was clueless and screwed when it came to any straight hair-do, but from the neck down I rocked the 90s and loved every minute of it!!! So here's to the 1990s, the best and only decade I have seen thus far the whole way thru!! Leave me your favorite thing or things about the 90s!!!! I love quotes too.....especially from Reality Bites--------There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I was just trying to survive....I don't remember much! LOL I did start teaching in the 90's, does that count? :)

Anonymous said...

He's the reason Cliff Notes were invented.